Sunday, November 9, 2008

There's always more!

As I sit here tonight, dinner done and kids in bed, I just want to relax and do nothing! But I go pick up the toys and add to the never ending pile of laundry, pack bags and lay kids clothes out for tomorrow. Grumbling "Goodness, it's never ending! There is always more." And I haven't even read my scriptures yet. And then it dawns on me. It really is all never ending and isn't it great. Wouldn't it be sad if it were not! So next time I complain about there being more to do, I'll just be glad. I will enjoy the tiny little clothes that I get to fold and be glad that I have my kids who give me more to do. Always.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I know exactly what you mean!! Sometimes I'm afraid that all I do is wander around and "do" (pick up toys, start laundry, wash the dishes, make beds...) the list literally doesn't end.

But you are right. It is a blessing. And it does make a difference. Thanks for the great attitude.

Carlia said...

and having all that stuff to do sure does keep me out of trouble! and it's all service, so i know we are blessed bountifully for doing all we do for our families!

Hipple Family said...

that is so true!! we have to enjoy our little ones while they are young and SO adorbable!

AMY said...

Even though it's hard to see it always positive - isn't it nice to be a mom. I wouldn't change it for anything either.

Will and Chelsea said...

Thanks for this post... I needed to hear it. For me it seems there's always more studying, midterms, papers, tests, work, and just finding time to get it all done, but I'm thankful it is not ending and that I have this amazing opportunity to be here at the Y.

The Rich's said...

Thanks Holly, I needed that. It is hard sometimes, but we are sooooo lucky. I can't imagine life without my family. They keep us busy that's for sure, but they also keep us happy!

Anonymous said...

To Marcie and I, there is no greater way to spend your time being busy. We don't do it to be appreciated by our kids...until they grow up and have their own, then they might appreciate what we did. It's nice to know that we're all alike. :-)
Paul

Sisson Family said...

Your blog is adorable. I can't believe the girls are growing up so big. I can't believe it's been so long. Time truly goes by so quickly my oldest is now 10 and I can't believe it. Too echo the song I just put on my blog "Your going to Miss this" I have to remind myself that a lot but it's true!