Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hank the Moose

 

 


How often do you get a family photo on an Alaskan Moose?! Hank travels around Alaska for photo shoots. You can track him online to find out where he will be. We couldn't resist taking the picture. I told the girls we were going to see Hank the Moose and Avery runs and changes into her hunting shirt so she and daddy could shoot it. Abby shouts out in tears "We can't shoot him. I think he's a nice moose!" I took her away from Avery to explain that someone else had already shot it. It is like the moose hanging on our wall, it just has it's whole body and a saddle so you can ride it. By then she was excited and ran to put her boots on.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Amy said...

That's great!

Cheri said...

It's too bad they took that moose away now, I want a pic like that! Yours looks really cute! I love it that the girls are wearing camo!

Chelsie Wilde said...

Thats great! I am sure your girls enjoyed that, Hallie would LOVE it. You guys sure had some fun experiences up there in Alaska! I love the camo too, so cute!

Will and Chelsea said...

How funny! Abby and Avery are so stinkin' cute! The hunting shirts definately make the picture :)

Reena Bostock said...

Your little girls are sweet! The pictures look great.

AMY said...

Hank the Moose? A relative to Marty Moose from National Lampoon's Vacation...

Scott and Athena said...

That's awesome you don't realize how huge they are till you're right up next to them. You all look great. Your girls are so adorable in the camo shirts. Scott was proud and hopes our girls do that type of thing.

Emily said...

She ran to put on her hunting shirt? Ha! I bet Brent was so proud! ;-)

Emily said...

Wow, where do you find out about fun things like that? I'm going to add you to my blog list if that's OK, now that we're friends and all! I hope the ice park was fun today, owen got better this afternoon, but we're still taking it easy, he'll probably heat up again tonight, you know how it is with kids and nighttime sickness I'm sure, hopefully by tomorrow we'll be able to get out and about and do some fun things...I think it's hilarious that you're girls "like" hunting! I'm sure it makes their Daddy proud!

Allison said...

Hey you guys are true Alaskans!! Moose pictures, -50 weather, and glaciers forming in your door way. Thats crazy!! You guys all look great, it will be good to have you back in the lower 48, maybe we'll cross paths one day again!! keep in touch. Erik

Unknown said...

those are cute pics...so ya have a little hunter!! soo cute